Islamic banking is demanded to continue improving in providing the best service to customers. It is not enough to understand how to keep customers doing transactions, companies must know that there are other ways consumers contribute to the company and stay engaged in itThe level of customer engagement can be shown in how involved they are with the company's offerings. The research team wanted to see how employee skills affected customer satisfaction. Makassar's Sharia Commercial Bank served as the study's sample institution. 200 questionnaires. The results of the study were processed using smartPLS 3. The results showed that employee competency has a significant effect on customer satisfaction, employee competency has no significant effect on customer engagement, and customer satisfaction has a significant effect on customer engagement.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Aali, S., Ibrahimi, A., Mirabi, V. R., & Zare, S. (2014). Effects of Relationship Marketing Strategies on Customer Responses in Iran's s Banking Industry : Role of Mediator the Relationship Quality. Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 3(5), 43–54.
- Abubakar, M. (2018). Determinants of Customers' Engagement with Islamic Banking. Management of Islamic Finance: Principle, Practice, and Performance, 19, 223–237. https://doi.org/10.1108/S1569-376720180000019011
- Bariah, N., Hubeis, M., & Hafidhuddin, D. (2015). THE DETERMINANTS OF ISLAMIC BANKING HUMAN RESOURCE PERFORMANCE : BANK SYARIAH MANDIRI INDONESIA. 40(1), 98–105.
- Basya, M. M. (2018). The Role of Customer Engagement in Islamic Banking. TIJAB (The International Journal of Applied Business), 2(2), 123–132.
- Benitez, J., Chen, Y., Teo, T. S. H., & Ajamieh, A. (2018). Evolution of the impact of e-business technology on operational competence and firm profitability: A panel data investigation. Information & Management, 55(1), 120–130.
- Bitner, M. J. (1990). Evaluating Service Encounters: The Effects of Physical Surroundings and Employee Responses. Journal of Marketing, 54(2), 69. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251871
- Cambra-Fierro, J., Melero-Polo, I., & Javier Sese, F. (2016). Can complaint-handling efforts promote customer engagement? Service Business, 10(4), 847–866. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11628-015-0295-9
- Cambra-Fierro, J., Melero-Polo, I., & Vázquez-Carrasco, R. (2014). The role of frontline employees in customer engagement. Revista Española de Investigación de Marketing ESIC, 18(2), 67–77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reimke.2014.06.005
- Delcourt, C., Gremler, D. D., van Riel, A. C. R., & van Birgelen, M. J. H. (2016). Employee Emotional Competence: Construct Conceptualization and Validation of a Customer-Based Measure. Journal of Service Research, 19(1), 72–87. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670515590776
- Dewa, N. (2012). Training and Development of Human Capital in Islamic Banking Industry. Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance, 8(1), 95–108. https://platform.almanhal.com/Files/Articles/22310
- Dharmanegara, I., Sitiari, N., & Wirayudha, I. (2016). Job Competency and Work Environment : the effect on Job Satisfaction and Job Performance among SMEs Worker. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 18(1), 19–26. https://doi.org/10.9790/487X-18121926
- Fernandes, T., Morgado, M., & Rodrigues, M. A. (2018). The role of employee emotional competence in service recovery encounters. Journal of Services Marketing.
- Gee, R., Coates, G., & Nicholson, M. (2008). Understanding and profitably managing customer loyalty. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 26(4), 359–374. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500810879278
- Gounaris, S., & Boukis, A. (2013). The role of employee job satisfaction in strengthening customer repurchase intentions. Journal of Services Marketing, 27(4), 322–333. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041311330799
- Henderson, C. M., Steinhoff, L., & Palmatier, R. W. (2014). Consequences of Customer Engagement: How Customer Engagement Alters the Effects of Habit- , Dependence- , and Relationship-Based Intrinsic Loyalty. Marketing Science Institute Working Paper Series 2014, 14–121, 1–38.
- Higgins, E. T., & Scholer, A. A. (2009). Engaging the consumer: The science and art of the value creation process. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19(2), 100–114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcps.2009.02.002
- Ibojo, B. O., & Dunmade, E. O. (2016). Impact of relationship marketing on customer satisfaction: a case study of undergraduate students in a private university, Oyo state, Nigeria. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, 4(2), 668–708. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/S1090-3798%2811%2970225-2
- Khan, B., & Rizwan, M. (2014). Factors Contributing to Customer Loyalty in Commercial Banking. International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting, 1(1), 413. https://doi.org/10.5296/ijafr.v4i2.6537
- Khazaei, A., Taghizadeh, H., & Taghipourian, M. J. (2013). The Effect of Customer Satisfaction on Word of Mouth Communication. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 5(8), 2569–2575.
- Kumar, V., Aksoy, L., Donkers, B., Venkatesan, R., Wiesel, T., & Tillmanns, S. (2010). Undervalued or overvalued customers: Capturing total customer engagement value. Journal of Service Research, 13(3), 297–310. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670510375602
- Lone, F. A. (2017). Comparative Analysis of Customer Satisfaction towards Islamic and conventional banking: An empirical Study from Saudi Arabia. International Review of Management and Marketing, 7(1), 273–280.
- Lusch, R. F., Boyt, T., & Schuler, D. (1996). Employees as customers: The role of social controls and employee socialization in developing patronage. Journal of Business Research, 35(3), 179–187. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(95)00123-9
- Maria Stock, R., Jong, A. de, & Zacharias, N. A. (2017). Frontline Employees' Innovative Service Behavior as Key to Customer Loyalty: Insights into FLEs' Resource Gain Spiral. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 34(2), 223–245. https://doi.org/10.1111/jpim.12338
- Mengesha, A. H. (2015). Effects of marketing competency of frontline employees on customer satisfaction : A study on commercial bank of. 1(4), 39–50.
- Mengesha, Z. D., & Singh, L. (2022). Determinants of human capital development in Ethiopian economy: Theory and empirical evidence. International Journal of Technology Management & Sustainable Development, 21(2), 181–204. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1386/tmsd_00056_1
- Mohebi, M. M., & Najafi, A. (2015). The Relationship between Marketing and Customer Satisfaction in Saman Private Bank. Jurnal UMP Social Sciences and Technology Management, 3(3), 689–695.
- Mollen, A., & Wilson, H. (2010). Engagement, telepresence and interactivity in online consumer experience : Reconciling scholastic and managerial perspectives. Journal of Business Research, 63(9–10), 919–925. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2009.05.014
- Narver, J. C., & Slater, S. F. (2012). The Effect of Market Orientation on Business Profitability. Developing a Market Orientation, 54(4), 45–78. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781452231426.n3
- Naser, K., Jamal, A., & Al‐Khatib, K. (1999). Islamic banking: a study of customer satisfaction and preferences in Jordan. International Journal of Bank Marketing. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652329910269275
- Ndubisi, N. O., Wah, C. K., & Ndubisi, G. C. (2007). Supplier-customer relationship management and customer loyalty: The banking industry perspective. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 20(2), 222–236. https://doi.org/10.1108/17410390710725797
- Negi, R., & Ketema, E. (2013). Customer-perceived relationship quality and satisfaction: A case of Ethiopian Telecommunication Corporation. African Journal of Economic and Management Studies, 4(1), 109–121. https://doi.org/10.1108/20400701311303186
- Nguyen, N. (2016). Reinforcing customer loyalty through service employees' competence and benevolence. Service Industries Journal, 36(13–14), 721–738. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2016.1272595
- Olamilekan, O., & Dastane, O. (2015). Employee Emotional Competence – Customer Satisfaction – Loyalty Link: An Empirical Investigation of Spa and Beauty industry. Ssrn, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2639670
- Pansari, A., & Kumar, V. (2017). Customer engagement: the construct, antecedents, and consequences. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 45(3), 294–311. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-016-0485-6
- Rini, Y. E. (2021). RENDAHNYA MARKET SHARING LEASING SYARIAH. Ar-Rihlah: Jurnal Keuangan Dan Perbankan Syariah, 1(2), 184–197.
- Tarokh, M. J., & Sheykhan, A. (2015). Recognizing Relationship Marketing Dimensions and Effects on Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty and Word of Mouth Advertisement. MAGNT Research Report, 3(4), 1444–8939. https://doi.org/14.9831/1444-8939.2015/3-4/MAGNT.7
- van Doorn, J., Lemon, K. N., Mittal, V., Nass, S., Pick, D., Pirner, P., & Verhoef, P. C. (2010). Customer engagement behaviour: Theoretical foundations and research directions. Journal of Service Research, 13(3), 253–266. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670510375599
- Verhoef, P. C., Reinartz, W. J., & Krafft, M. (2010). Customer engagement as a new perspective in customer management. Journal of Service Research, 13(3), 247–252. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670510375461
- Vivek, S. D., Beatty, S. E., & Morgan, R. M. (2012). Customer Engagement: Exploring Customer Relationships Beyond Purchase. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 20(2), 122–146. https://doi.org/10.2753/mtp1069-6679200201
- Wirapraja, A., Sudarso, A., Mardia, M., Tojiri, M. Y., Simarmata, H. M. P., Sulasih, S., Permadi, L. A., Purba, B., Tjiptadi, D. D., & Lie, D. (2021). Manajemen Pemasaran Perusahaan. Yayasan Kita Menulis.